Friday, June 26, 2009

I was reading through one of my journals last night. This particular journal includes many lists, travel notes, and notes about places. It also includes all my thoughts and plans leading up to my move to Montana. I fell asleep feeling at peace with the place I am in today. This morning, however, something I wrote in the journal struck me:

Why is it that we spend most of our lives trying to make reality work instead of trying to make dreams work.

I have certainly made my dreams work. The trouble is that once I have fulfilled a dream, whether it be of place, career, or art project, I conjure a new one to drive me. I'd like to savor the dreams a bit more and make their reality work for me before moving on. I think there is a lot to be learned from what is right around us, from what we are doing or producing in our lives. I think we can move a little bit slower (just a little bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment