Tuesday, September 22, 2009


The image of a pleasant place. It's often the idea of something that appeals to me more than the reality of it. Admittedly, I spend more time looking at this pleasant spot than sitting in it. The colors are what attract me. The bright red of my neighbor's barn as seen behind my apricot tree. That red glows through my studio window, better than any oil painting I could create, at the brightest times of day. The cool pistachio of the plastic Adirondack chair is a great compliment to the red. And then the blue skies of Missoula. Ahh. . . those skies. This is a happy place!!

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY like this, Karen, your writing is very "poetic" and your blog is great - what a great spot in your backyard, I would gladly sit under that tree and read a while!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete