Monday, April 18, 2011


Snow crept up on us, over the night. This is a view to our east. The Big Horn Mountains to the far west are gone. But the Lower Piney Creek carries on. It guides my spirit, so I will listen to it each morning. All I ever need to do in life is remember this.



I am photographing every intriguing composition I see on my morning walks. My plan was to look at my photos and paint from them. I'm not doing that. I don't need to. I am caught by similar compositions in my walks and seemed to have internalized their essence because I'm now seeing reminders in my paintings. I am paying respect to my emotional well being and to the nature around me that is supporting that well being. And I'm doing that with landscape paintings, something I've never done before. Yes. This place is telling me things, and I am listening.

A landscape in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment